Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wonton Soup

wanton01
Wontons! Little parcels of food! I saw Jaden's video on how to wrap wontons into little gold ingots and I told myself, I gotta try this.

Its a lot of fun really to wrap wontons, making little bits of marinated meat and wonton skin into these cute little wraps.

In addition to Jaden's recipe, I added some chopped water chestnuts and diced prawns into the mince meat. Oh and the process of peeling water chestnuts was a major pain in the backside. This I didn't enjoy at all.

wanton02
The wontons were delicious and I like the extra crunch from the water chestnuts plus the savoury seafood flavour of the prawns.

Nom nom nom nom nom....
wanton03

Add to Technorati Favorites Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Keropok Man said...

Oh... I suddenly miss wantan mee..

diva said...

ahh!! these look good. fab idea to use water chestnuts for extra crunch. i just had the most unsatisfying takeout lunch and now that i see this i'm wondering why i wasn't smart enough to go for something tht actually tastes and looks good.

x
diva@theSugarBar

amritac said...

That looks awesome!
I ha an unfortunate experiment last Sunday with wrapping wontons :-(
Now, I'm inspired to try again!
Thanks for sharing!

Mochachocolata Rita said...

oh gawd, i just made wontons too!

http://mochachocolatarita.blogspot.com/2008/08/threesome-anyone-i-meant-three-ways-of.html

wattt a coincidence! :)

southernoise said...

keropokman: yeah, after folding all those wontons, I have a new respect for those wonton noodles stalls!

diva: oh i know what you mean! its so frustrating to eat out. there are so many bad food out there, those people have no pride at all with their food!

amritac: good to hear that! try not to stuff too much mince meat. go bit by bit till you get the hang of it.

rita: wow, your wontons are awesome! nice!

Camemberu said...

Oooh, these look fantastic! So artistic that first shot! The wonton that launched a thousand ships!

Momo said...

Wow, well done! The first shot so pretty.