- 3 medium leek, white part only, 1/4 inch slices(I only had 2)
- 2 potato, 1/4 inch dice (I used 3, too much though, too thick)
- 10-20 cremini mushroom, sliced (I used around 8 baby portobellos)
- 5 cups water or stock (I cheated and used a Knorr chicken cube)
- 3 shallot, minced
- 3 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk or 1/2 cup cream
- Heat butter in large stock pot over low heat.
- Cook shallots and garlic until tender.
- Add potato and leeks- cook for 10 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock or water, salt and pepper and bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer, add mushrooms and continue for 15 minutes, or until potato is tender.
- Whiz with blender stick, or blender in batches (careful with hot in blender).
- Add cream or milk and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Ate this together with baked Oxford Bangers sausage, sauteed baby french beans with mushroom and carrots with some toasted focaccia bread. The soup tasted great but too much potato making it too thick and powdery. *Burrp*